The purpose of the Eden Prairie Figure Skating Club (EPFSC) point system is to determine skaters eligible for solos and small groups in the spring ice show each year. For a skater to be eligible for a small group, the skater must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a home club member of EPFSC in good standing for at least 1 full year,
- Pass the USFSA Juvenile Free Skate test, and
- Skate a minimum of 150 hours on EPFSC club ice during the past year.
For a skater to be eligible for a solo in the ice show, the skater must meet all the above criteria for small groups, plus:
- Pass the USFSA Intermediate Free Skate test,
- Be in 7th grade and above, and
- Compete in three Free Skate events or two Free Skate events plus attempt one USFSA test during the past year.
Skaters eligible for a solo will earn points in the following categories:
- Seniority points based on years in the EPFSC, and
- Competition points based in IJS scores.
Solos will be awarded to eight skaters based on priority groups and point totals. Small groups will be assigned at the discretion of the ice show director for the remaining eligible skaters.
The Ice Show Points Policy is reviewed annually by the EPFSC Board. Details on deadlines, priority groups, seniority points, competition points, additional solos, and graduating seniors are described in the EPFSC Ice Show Points Policy.
Download a copy of the EPFSC Ice Show Points Policy(updated 9/14/2021)