U.S. Figure Skating strives to provide a safe environment for its members that is free of abuse and harassment. The association will not tolerate or condone any form of harassment or abuse of any of its members including athletes, coaches, officials, directors, employees, parents, volunteers or any other persons while they are participating in or preparing for a figure skating activity or event conducted under the auspices of U.S. Figure Skating. All forms of abuse and harassment are unacceptable and in direct conflict with U.S. Figure Skating rules.
The U.S. Figure Skating SafeSport Program addresses the following types of abuse, harassment and misconduct:
- Sexual abuse and misconduct
- Physical abuse and misconduct
- Emotional abuse and misconduct
- Bullying, threats and harassment
- Willfully tolerating misconduct
EPFSC fully supports the SafeSport program. Our SafeSport Compliance chairperson:
- Serves as the Club’s primary contact with U.S. Figure Skating for all aspects of program education and implementation
- Oversees the drafting and implementation of Club policies regarding the program
- Helps verify that all coaches and volunteers in close contact with our skaters are SafeSport compliant per U.S. Figure Skating’s rules
- Refers all reports of a violation of SafeSport Policies directly to the appropriate U.S. Figure Skating committee or U.S. Center for SafeSport
- Performs other functions as necessary in the fulfillment of U.S. Figure Skating’s continuing efforts to foster safe, healthy and positive environments for its members
Any suspected misconduct should be reported to our EPSC SafeSport Compliance Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or any EPFSC Board member.
Eden Prairie Figure Skating Club